QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 4396|回复: 11

2009.12.16 国外战友PASS RS LAB4.0(转)

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-1-10 01:23:52 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Hello All!

Here to say i cleared my v4 RS lab 16/12 !!

Very Very Glad about it...

Can you hear the fireworks ** there?

Not on the first attempt but, got it! Finally!

I did V3 and a v4 exams. I feel the need to write a post with some info that i would really like to read about when I was close to my exam date. There were few things known about it.

My intention is ONLY TO HELP, and this is MY POINT OF VIEW, I am not a genius, don’t want to rule the world.

Well … Hope it helps someone on the path :-)

First off all, i didn’t think about a CCIE to raise salary or get an upgrade to my career. Of course that would be nice but it was mainly a personal challenge.

I work as Cisco training coordinator on Brazil also as a CCSI/CCAI instructor for the networking academy and learning partner programs (rs,sp and sec tracks) and one of the best feelings I have now is to know my students are learning ** a CCIE. Some **ed consulting always come and go when there is some time, of course, when there is time...

My normal workday begins at 6:00am and end closing some class door at 22:00pm. btw i also have a girlfriend and we like to travel a lot on holidays and weekends.

So how the hack you could study for your lab? I tried everything to study on every periods of the day with real or emulated hardware, but the only way it worked for me was to arrive early at the office (around 7) people start to arrive at 9, work warms up at 10 etc … did the best i could do in that gap of silence.

I have a home lab that is always available but found more objective to rent the equipment on the morning, like "you paid for it so you have to study" thing could keep me away ** sleeping a bit more on the mornings. Its also better for me to study in the morning with fresh brains than tired at night. The interface to load configs, specific portions of the technologies also helped a lot.

My home lab was grate at start, it was build slowly ** the past ccnp days, use it a lot today when i am teaching. For the CCIE it was more useful at the end to lab out something quickly on the **dle of the day and clear some questions I had for myself while studying… That is interesting, if you question your self about a technology, lab it up immediately to get/see it right, if time goes by you can forget about that without clearing it out.

I also was a little lazy to schedule the lab exam, decided to do so some time after the announcement of the v4 going live. On the big rush for seats I got my spot at June (yet v3).

Did my best to study on the time I had, arranged with my boss 2 extra weeks to focus more… And arrived at my first attempt on the v3..

HAHAHA … Looking back, I can say I was a perfect tourist, spent like half an hour of the exam time looking around, nice chair, this keyboard is a bit different ** mines, what can I do about that, maybe some paper to rise it up a bit, what is going on with this desktop, a lot of pencils, not so much paper etc. Some time then i stared reading the lab book… and my thinking at that moment was … read it all, take notes etc… somewhere on the **dle of the book some interior voice warned me… DUDE ITS BIG!! And it was really more than I was thinking of. So I killed my time management plan, started to rush, even lost my plans to mark down the points to each question and you can imagine how was my mind on the end of the day .

I am one of those that can have fun on my own. It was a lot of fun, but I failed. On the open ended questions to begin with.

V3 everyone knows about, lets talk about V4.

My opinion is that V4 is easier than V3, much more things to do, you need to be faster but the topics are not as deep in technology as in V3. It really looks like more a consulting thing than a doing the impossible thing.

V3 was full of do this, but without that, not using this, by the way apply commands only on equipment X, without acl’s and less lines possible… that is what I say about the doing the impossible …
what you would not do on the real world…

V4 OEQ, TSHOOT, LAB

OEQ : are still there, no running no hiding and now on all tracks. You don’t need to say much, tell any kind of story, show extra knowledge. Be VERY precise, answer exactly what is being asked. I can almost guarantee that if you write 6+ lines of text you will not get the points, in this case you can think you are on the wrong way to answer it, review the question it must have a short answer. Talking about short, if it asks you how many and the answer is one … just say ONE period. Most of them ccnp level of deepness on ccie topics, the oeq I got on V3 were much uglier… maybe cos now we have tshooting…

TSHOOT : That is new, nice and BIG. If you thinking its big, it will be bigger than you think, if you think it is HUGE it will be more than that. Look at your monitor and imagine something 5 times the size anything can fit inside… close to that. You have 2 hours, if you get it done in less time, more time for the lab part. Fix the stuff and save the configs, when time is out it will close, if you forget to save you are lost! There will be a timer on the screen for you to keep eye on it. Its easy to forget about the clock (I forgot about it). All stuff is on the screen, you have a topology that is very rich in information (in lack of a better word for that). You can access the questions ** the menu on top. I think 13 or so is the max questions you can get. Get used to study with everything on the screen, crt has no tabs, questions open on separate screens, there are instructions if you want to read. My advice RUSH! Don’t waste a minute. If you get a question about a routing protocol that is not working start thinking what can be bad to make it happen while you are trying to find the related devices on the diagram. Check Check Check, if you cant find it, don’t waste more than 10 minutes, go for the next one. The questions have points related to them. There were no ugly things broken, normal stuff, things you can find on a work day. I think the tshooting part will be the most critical step on your exam. You need to get a minimum of questions done for this part, as an example … if you get 12 questions you need 9 done … something close to that.

LAB : So you have 30 minutes of OEQ, 2 hours of Tshooting 5:30 hours left for the lab. Sounds it must be shorter right? That’s correct, some of the time consuming work is already done for you. Everything is on screen; you click on the device to open crt. Instructions, diagrams, etc are on the menu. There is a terminal server for those that like that style of working. Points are there for each question, the points may appear with some points to one part, other points to the next part whiting the same technology topic. The good news is that they are all straight forward things to do, as if you were on a consulting, you get those things to do for that day, and someone will do other stuff tomorrow, so go and do it. Make it clean and simple; don’t waste time to show you know a lot more than what is asked…

There is a funny thing about the lab, it has a “END” button, you can press it when you end (please only when you end… END button). It closes everything and show some text : “Thanks for visiting CCIE LAB” something like that … it says VISITING, Cisco should change it to something better to read after a whole day of brain consuming stuff... Like good luck, best wishes or go sleep a bit J

Plan Plan Plan your lab day, it is very hard to stick to the plan on the real one.

Do a lot of labs, focus on tshooting commands on everything you read and forget you have a TV!

People are asking me what study materials I used, gona write them on the next post, this one is getting big.

BEST LUCK FOR EVERYONE READING!

GO FOR IT!

If I could do it, you can do it too!

Special thanks go to :

My Girlfriend : All the support! Love You!

Scott Morris : Man I don’t know you in person, but I hear your voice A LOT (since ipx). There are topics I have your wordings memorized! When I think about those technologies I can hear you speaking in my head. Awesome! Have to shake your hand some day to thank you. Maybe on a boot camp for my next track! My Big Thanks!

Brian McGahan : Your videos and the deep you cover the topics are amazing! You are the second voice that appears on my head!
Thanks Thanks!

All the INE Instructors : Gona send a video of myself clapping hands for all the good work and support J

Flavio Provedel

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-10 01:26:41 | 显示全部楼层
不错,相当详细!
这位哥们相当激动!
V3和V4的区别很重要!
发表于 2010-1-10 18:44:51 | 显示全部楼层
今年考IE的哥们有福了。值得参考!!!!
发表于 2010-1-10 20:00:45 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2010-1-11 09:17:47 | 显示全部楼层
[em8]先顶下,慢慢看!
发表于 2010-1-11 11:34:38 | 显示全部楼层
恭喜恭喜!
发表于 2010-1-11 12:02:08 | 显示全部楼层
很及时的分享,感谢K的辛苦摘录~
CCIE会员们要加油了~
希望在前方~
发表于 2010-1-11 12:06:00 | 显示全部楼层
The dawn of a new CCIE road for Version 4.0 !
发表于 2010-1-11 12:06:24 | 显示全部楼层
[em9]
发表于 2010-1-11 12:11:56 | 显示全部楼层
哇,全英文的,回去好好的翻译一下,多多了解,提高自己的知识面,
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|熊猫同学技术论坛|小黑屋| 网络工程师论坛 ( 沪ICP备09076391 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 12:15 , Processed in 0.076600 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表