立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 1922|回复: 4

Arch Linux Review

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-6-4 22:01:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Keep It Simple Stupid , His name is Linux ...

Arch linux is a bleeding edge Linux distribution , is aims to keep computer working as simple as possible , In fact its philosophy is summarized in the acronym KISS Keep It Simply Stupid. But do not think that because it is simple it is not powerful, Arch Linux can perform as Desktop, LAMP, firewall, router, cache server, or any other task you may want, while keeping it simple.

installation of a basic system is really easy ,and it can be performed from CD or USB and from the media or from the network, once you finish the installation, you will end up with a console screen in a very basic system. At this point you can start tuning your Arch Linux to perform the task or tasks you want it for.
does not this way demand more job from your part, than with other distributions like CentOS, Fedora or Ubuntu?, the answer is yes, but you will end up with no extra daemons, no extra software besides the one you really need to meet your needs. Yes, once again “keep it simple.”.

Arch Linux does not suggest the use of any Desktop or window manager like Gnome or KDE over any other, so it is fully up to the user the choice of what to install and use.( and i chose XFCE4)

about the softwares ( ) :
Chromium                  >>an attempt at creating a safer, faster, and more stable browser
gftp                            >>A multithreaded ftp client for X Windows
tftpgui                        >>graphical interactive TFTP server written in Python  , install within yaourt -S tftpgui
Audacious                 >>Lightweight, advanced audio player focused on audio quality
Terminal                    >>Terminal Emulator
Screenshot               >>Take pictures of your screen
Diagram Editor          >>A GTK+ based diagram creation program
RecordMydesktop     >>Produces a OGG encapsulated Theora/Vorbis recording of your desktop
Bluefish Editor           >>A powerful HTML editor for experienced web designers and programmers
Wireshark                  >>A free network protocol analyzer for Unix/Linux and Windows
Wicd                          >>Wired and wireless network manager for Linux
Docky                        >>an advaced shortcut bar that sits at the edges of your screen  
Chmsee                    >>A chm (MS HTML help file format) viewer based on xulrunner
medit                         >>A gtk text editor
SMplayer                  >>A complete front-end for MPlayer   
GIMP                        >>GNU Image Manipulation Program
LibreOffice                >>Word Processor Application
VirtualBox                  >>Powerful x86 virtualization for enterprise as well as home use

Screenshot

Here is how my Arch Linux looks like in my Laptop.

Style: TrueMac (icons: Tango, font: wenquanyi 10). Compositing via Xfwm4.
Interface: Docky, , Conky, xfce4-panel (small,transparent,autohide for systray purposes only -)
I have 2 conkys
.conkyrc1
.conkyrc2
there should be cpubar in the first one but i found fn+f9 shortcut kind of handy.
bless

该贴已经同步到 Nicolas的微博

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
发表于 2012-6-5 10:13:48 | 显示全部楼层
阿鬼你还是……
发表于 2012-6-5 16:06:34 | 显示全部楼层
骚年 :)  好东西,顶一顶
发表于 2012-6-6 10:10:51 | 显示全部楼层
Linux的市场越来越大了,支持蚕食微软
 楼主| 发表于 2012-6-8 15:34:39 | 显示全部楼层
tea 发表于 2012-6-5 16:06
骚年 :)  好东西,顶一顶

呵呵呵,这位同学有一段时间没来我这买尿不湿了。。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|熊猫同学技术论坛|小黑屋| 网络工程师论坛 ( 沪ICP备09076391 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 13:18 , Processed in 0.084433 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表